Nisar takes notice of Iqrar-ul-Hasan arrest
ISLAMABAD (Staff Report) - Minister for Interior and Narcotics Control, Chaudhary Nisar Ali Khan on Friday expressed concern over arrest of an anchor of a private television channel ARY News, Iqrar-ul-Hasan in Karachi.
In a statement issued here, the Minister said federal and provincial governments should learn a lesson and get guidance instead of showing an annoyance on such a sting operation.
He said Iqrar-ul-Hassan was an active and efficient journalist but he was misbehaved rather than getting an appreciation which was inappropriate. Sting operations are common in the world but Iqrar-ul- Hassan was misbehaved in Karachi.
Chaudhry Nisar directed Secretary Interior to contact Inspector General of Police, Sindh to settle the matter in a positive manner.
As per details, in a sting operation, ARY News anchor Iqrar-ul-Hasan entered the Sindh assembly building along with one of the crew members carrying a pistol, without being checked by the security guards. Once inside, he presented the weapon before the speaker, shocking the lawmakers.
Sindh Interior Minister, instead of addressing the opposition's concerns, requested the speaker to order arrest of armed man and his team members.
- UNSC expresses serious concern over current IIOJ&K situation03:10 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- The shocking reason behind Ayesha Omar's fitness01:05 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020