Pakistan Army rejects Govt action on Dawn Leaks report, calls the notification 'incomplete', not in line with inquiry ...
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan Army on Saturday bluntly rejected government’s notification issued today by Dawn Leaks Inquiry Committee, calling it ‘incomplete’.
“Notification on Dawn Leak is incomplete and not in line with recommendations by the Inquiry Board. Notification is rejected,” DG ISPR, Major General Asif Ghafoor tweeted.
Notification on Dawn Leak is incomplete and not in line with recommendations by the Inquiry Board. Notification is rejected.
— Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor (@OfficialDGISPR) April 29, 2017
According to the notification, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif approved the recommendations of the Dawn Leaks Inquiry Committee and directed the concerned ministries and divisions for implementation.
According to the recommendations, the role of Daily Dawn, Zafar Abbas and Cyril Almeida in the instant matter shall be referred to All Pakistan Newspapers Society (APNS) for necessary disciplinary action.
The APNS shall also be asked to develop a code of conduct for print media especially when dealing with the issues related to the security of Pakistan and to ensure that stories on the issues of national importance and security are published by abiding to basic journalistic and editorial norms.
Principal Information Officer of Ministry of Information Rao Tehsin Ali shall be proceeded against under the E and D rules 1973 on the charges based on finding on the instant report.
Allocation of portfolio of Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs to Tariq Fatemi shall be withdrawn and notification in this regard will be issued forthwith. – APP
- Pakistan has cheapest fuel cost in South Asia, says PM Iman11:56 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Two Pakistan High commission officials asked to leave India in 24 ...10:40 PM | 31 May, 2020
- ‘History in Making’ — Pakistani plane flies directly to US for ...10:07 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Petrol price slashed by Rs7.06 per litre in Pakistan09:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Raising a daughter is a huge responsibility: Humaima Malick05:08 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020