Federal budget 2016-17 to be presented on June 3
Minister for Finance Ishaq Dar will lay the budget proposals before Parliament after getting approvals from the Federal Cabinet.
"All arrangements are being finalized for the budget in the National Assembly on time", Dar said in a statement issued on Sunday.
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, who is set to undergo open-heart surgery on May 31 in London, will chair a meeting of Federal Cabinet on the budget and National Economic Council via Skype on May 30.
According to sources, the decision was taken in a high-level meeting held at the Prime Minister House, where Finance Minister Ishaq Dar and Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif were also present.
The meeting decided to get the approval of the national budget via Skype from the prime minister, who would return to the country on the advice of doctors after his heart surgery.
- India invites Pakistan, other regional powers for NSA-level talks on ...09:00 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- World’s largest copy of Quran being made in Pakistan07:52 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- First PIA flight to Oman’s Salalah airport receives water cannon ...07:05 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- ‘Historic moment’ – Islamabad airport handles first cargo for ...06:29 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Momal Sheikh leaves fans awestruck with latest pictures03:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Yumna Zaidi all praise for co-stars Bilal Abbas Khan and Sajal Aly10:48 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021
- Celebrities who are gifted athletes05:57 PM | 5 Sep, 2021