Russia dismisses reports of joining CPEC
MOSCOW – Russia’s ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tuesday denied the reports claiming that it is holding “secret talks” with Pakistan on the creation of China-Pakistan economic corridor (CPEC), or discussing the possibility of joining the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) project with Pakistan.
“Secret negotiations” between Russia and Pakistan on the implementation of projects as part of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) are not true to the facts, the press released stated referring to Pakistani media’s reports.
“Reports appearing in Pakistan’s media about some ‘secret talks’ between Russia and Pakistan on the creation of CPEC do not correspond to the realities. The possibility of Russia joining this initiative is not being discussed with Islamabad. “Our trade and economic cooperation with Pakistan has its own value. We aim for its further strengthening. The implementation by Russian companies of business projects in IRP, including the construction of North-South gas pipeline from Karachi to Lahore, are implemented on a bilateral basis,” as per the statement, which was circulated by the Russian Embassy here.
Reports on Pakistani media had earlier claimed that Russia wanted to use the Gwadar port and join the USD 46 billion CPEC to reap maximum dividends.
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019