Ch Nisar announces decision to contest polls from three constituencies
On April 19, Chairman Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Imran Khan had invited the PML-N stalwart to join his party. However, following a meeting with the PML-N president Shehbaz Sharif on the same day, Nisar had given a conditional nod to put aside his reservations and differences with the ruling party, sources had claimed.
Nisar has been quietly working on a plan to contest upcoming elections as an independent candidate. He also shared a survey conducted in his native constituency with his close friends, which suggested that at least 70 percent of the area voters wanted Nisar to contest the next elections as an independent candidate.
The ruling party had also tried to locate some candidates in Ch Nisar’s constituency but failed to find a suitable and strong candidate capable of defeating Chaudhry Nisar.
- Eight missing as strong winds knock over two fishing boats near Thatta07:40 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Honda increases car prices by up to Rs126,00006:51 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- U19 World Cup – Papua New Guinea win toss, opt to bat first against ...06:10 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Usman Mukhtar opens up about his equation with Naimal Khawar05:25 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- 'Main Chala’ - Salman Khan shares the teaser of his latest music ...04:33 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021