SC announces detailed judgment in Pervez Musharraf ECL case
The decision said that government did not adopt any solid stance on removal of Pervez Musharraf name from ECL. Removing the name from ECL or otherwise was the responsibility of executive .
Former president is facing several cases in the courts. Despite these cases no one including government, special court or any other court exercised their powers. Name of any one can not be placed in ECL on likes or dislikes.
There should be a legal justification for placing the name in ECL Attorney General could not present any legal justification despite being asked repeatedly nor had he obtained any directive from the government.
According to media reports it was said in 13-page decision authored by Chief Justice Anwar Zaheer Jamali that April 8,2013 order was interim. Interim order does not remain effective following the announcement of final decision. Decision given by Sindh High Court was according to law.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's death confirmed as ‘suicide’ on first ...07:04 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- National Foods attracts overseas Pakistanis with Brainchild ...06:41 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- FM Qureshi, Russia’s Lavrove emphasise on strong Islamabad-Moscow ...06:36 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Budget 2021-22: Punjab proposes tax cut on 10 businesses06:12 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Producer of Christchurch mosque attack movie resigns after backlash05:02 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi becomes certified yoga instructor04:20 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah and Juveria Abbasi enjoy beach day out03:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021