NAB summons PML-N president in Ashiana housing, Punjab Power Company scams
Shehbaz has already appeared before the anti-corruption watchdog in the Ashian housing case. His alleged 'right hand' and former chairman of Lahore Development Authority (LDA), Ahad Cheema, is already in the bureau's custody on judicial remand.
Last month, officials of the anti-graft body took senior bureaucrat Fawad Hassan Fawad in custody for his involvement in various corruption cases, including the Ashiana Iqbal Housing Scheme case.
NAB summons Shehbaz Sharif in Punjab Power ... 08:14 PM | 27 Jul, 2018
LAHORE - The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has summoned Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) president Shehbaz ...
Reports in local media suggest this time, the former CM Punjab has been summoned following the revelations made by Fawad during interrogation.
The NAB maintains that Fawad wrongfully awarded the Ashiana-e-Iqbal Housing Scheme's contract to the PMLN-N's 'blue-eyed', illegally ordered the shifting of nine CNG stations, and also worked in a private bank from 2005 to 2006 without official permission.
Moreover, while being the provincial health secretary, Fawad acquired six mobile health units which were purchased at a higher-than-market rate, according to a NAB spokesperson.
Fawad served as former PM Nawaz Sharif's principal secretary before he was removed from the post on June 1 this year. He was later appointed director general of Civil Services Academy, Lahore.
According to NAB, the contract for the housing scheme was won by a construction company titled Chaudhry Latif and Sons.
NAB arrests former principal secretary to ... 02:19 PM | 5 Jul, 2018
LAHORE - Fawad Hassan Fawad, arguably the most powerful bureaucrat of Pakistan, was arrested by the National ...
However, NAB says the then CM Shehbaz Sharif and his aides awarded the Rs14 billion contract to Lahore Casa Developers — a proxy group of Paragon City (Pvt) Limited, which is said to be owned by Railways Minister Saad Rafique.
Fawad, who was implementation secretary to the chief minister Punjab at the time, is accused of levelling charges of wrongdoings against Chaudhry Latif and Sons in order for the contract to be awarded to Casa Developers.
- Security forces arrest five TTP terrorists in Sindh11:02 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- TLP protests – Sheikh Rasheed arrives in Lahore for third round of ...10:30 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Pakistan team practice in Harare ahead of first T2010:18 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- China establishes world's largest 5G mobile network09:38 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Amir Liaquat's Nagin dance video goes viral06:19 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Alia Bhatt comments on Pakistani rapper-comedian's latest video05:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Ali Azmat tests positive for COVID-1904:15 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021