Social media and its impact on Pakistan’s Tourism Industry
The revolution brought about by technology is phenomenal. It has literally breathe life into the word ‘convenience’ by letting it seep into our lives through various inventions. This can be seen through the various platforms that the technology has provided to people so that they are better able to connect and remain in touch.
One such platform is the social media which in its literal sense means the use of technology to create and share information, ideas and other forms of expression through virtual communities and networks. Popular social media platforms include Facebook, twitter, Youtube, Instagram etc.
Not only people are using these platforms to connect with other people but businesses too are using the opportunity to their benefit. They are using this platform to reach customers beyond the geographical boundaries and to connect and sell their products. They are doing this by offering customers the opportunity to shop online.
Apart from the brick and mortar stores, online shopping has emerged as an important platform for businesses to connect and engage with their customers by going beyond the geographical boundaries by creating a virtual market.
As the wings of technology spreads are spread in Pakistan, the country seems to go through a revolution. This technological advancement has opened the world of social media to the large Pakistani market, comprising of 210 million people. With more and more people joining social media platforms each day, the platform has emerged as an important tool that can be used by businesses to their advantage.
Seeing the potential that the large online market provides, many startup businesses have already made their launches in Pakistan in various sectors of the economy. In the travel and tourism sector, many startup ventures including Jovago Pakistan, Uber and Careem have already launched their successful operations. These startups have revolutionized the tourism industry in a better way.
By the introduction of these startups traveling has been made very easy. Gone are the days when people had to spent a large time planning their trip and then spending huge sums of money to ensure a safe trip is made. People nowadays are able to make quicker and cheaper travel plans including online hotel booking.
Moreover, with the emergence of social media platform people are more aware of everything that is going around them. For instance, when it comes to traveling, people are more aware of the new tourist spots that have been discovered in the country. With blogs, they get hold of the information about a place, which otherwise would have been difficult for them.
The social media has transformed the tourism sector for the better, and the changes brought by it in this sector are phenomenal. We hope that this transformation helps in boosting of the overall Pakistani economy.
- US train riders ‘held up phones as woman was raped’, could face ...01:45 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Here’s how Pakistan Navy detected and blocked Indian submarine from ...01:20 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Drone flies lungs between two hospitals for transplant patient in ...12:55 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Afghan Taliban start building their own air force12:35 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- T-20 World Cup: Scotland beat Papua New Guinea by 17 runs12:13 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new fashion look gets trolled by netizens05:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Alka Yagnik has the sweetest birthday wish for Imran Abbas05:10 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021