Sindh minister Mir Hazar Bijarani, wife mysteriously found dead in home
KARACHI- Bodies of a sitting provincial lawmaker and his wife were found in their house, located in Defence locality of Karachi, under mysterious circumstances on Wednesday.
The deceased have been identified as Pakistan Peoples leader Mir Hazar Khan Bijarani and his wife, Fareeha Razaq. Police recovered both bodies by breaking the door of their room.
He was serving as Planning & Development minister after being selected as provincial minister from PS-16 in 2013.
Media reports suggest bullet wounds have been found on the bodies of the deceased. There is no official statement from the police department.
Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah, Home Minister Anwar Sial and other PPP leaders reached the house of the minister.
According to sources, Bijarani's son, MNA Mir Shabbir Ali Bijarani was at Bilawal House to attend a meeting when the incident surfaced.
Bijarani was elected to the Provincial Assembly of Sindh in 1974. He was re-elected to the Provincial Assembly of Sindh in Pakistani general election, 1977.
He was elected to the Senate of Pakistan in 1988. He was elected to the National Assembly of Pakistan from NA-157 (Jacobabad) for the first time in Pakistani general election, 1990.
He was re-elected to the National Assembly of Pakistan from NA-157 (Jacobabad) as a candidate of Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) in Pakistani general election, 1997.
He was re-elected to the National Assembly of Pakistan from NA-209 (Jacobabad) as a candidate of PPP in Pakistani general election, 2002.
He was re-elected to the National Assembly from Constituency NA-209 as a candidate of PPP in Pakistani general election, 2008.
- What Nawaz Sharif's doing in his latest picture from London07:37 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PIA directed to control fares after overcharging complaints07:13 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PTI MNA tests positive for coronavirus as health crisis deepens in ...06:35 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Huawei Nova 7i – The hottest selling secret weapon of mobile gamers06:05 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sri Lanka to reopen for tourism in August, with strict coronavirus ...05:27 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistani celebrities who never endorsed fairness products01:50 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020