No promise to celebrate start of Ramzan, Eid on same day: Mufti Popalzai
According to details, Minister for Religious Affairs, Sardar Yousuf chaired a meeting of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) ulema (religious scholars), who told him about their grievances with the Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee.
Sardar Yousuf said that the government, in line with the proposals of the Senate, wanted Eid and Ramazan to be celebrated on the same day across the country, which is why it had decided to hold a meeting with religious scholars in KP.
Mufti Popalzai –an influential cleric from Masjid Qasim Khan hinted that he would only consider eye witness accounts for moon-sightings on Sunday, 28 Shaban.
Popalzai said that the central committee holds no religious authority, adding that he would welcome any evidence for moon-sightings even if a meeting for this purpose was not held.
Minister for Religious Affairs Sardar Yousuf, however, assured Mufti Popalzai that the Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee would not make the announcement of moon sighting until evidence from Peshawar was collected.
- Encouraging Players to Continue With Risk-Taking Can Be Difficult in ...01:47 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Meet Waleed Malik, Pakistani doctor who sets new record with 29 gold ...01:24 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Morrisville Samp Army march into the play-offs conquering Deccan ...12:44 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- US Central Command chief discusses security cooperation with COAS ...12:21 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Meet Pakistan's most streamed Spotify artist of the year08:36 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Pakistani TikTok sensation Ayesha's new videos shock her fans09:59 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- 'Hum Tum Season 2' in the works? Here is what Ahad Raza Mir says11:16 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022