PEMRA approves to start DTH Service licensing process
The service is more reliable and lets users view high-definition video, and the quality of channels listed at the end of the bandwidth does not deteriorate like those on cable.
Estimates of DTH users range from 70,000 to 2.5 million with most of them concentrated in Lahore, Islamabad, and Karachi.
The approval was given in the light of the legal and public consultations.
Secretary Information Syed Imran Gardezi, Secretary Interior Arif Khan among others attended the meeting.
- Indian army pilot killed as ageing chopper crashes in northeast Tawang01:50 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Google celebrates World Teachers Day with creative doodle01:28 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Trophy unveiled for tri-nation series between Pakistan, New Zealand, ...12:12 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Sindh govt bans pillion riding ahead of Eid Miladun-Nabi, Chup Tazia11:44 AM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Muneeb Butt and Komal Meer gear up for new TV project08:04 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Yasir Hussain lambasts entertainment industry for not honouring ...10:26 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Dananeer's pictures from US vacation go viral10:47 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022