Pakistan Army terms Altaf's speech ‘disgusting’
Reacting over MQM chief Altaf Hussain’s speech to his party workers, Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Director General Major General Asim Bajwa said “Such reference to Army or its leadership as reaction to arrest of criminals, who may have links with any political party,won't be tolerated”.
The media wing of the army made it clear that the armed forces and the law enforcement agencies will continue to execute operations assigned to them.
Altaf Hussain's speech on TV tonight containing remarks about Army & its leadership was uncalled for and disgusting-1/4— AsimBajwaISPR (@AsimBajwaISPR) April 30, 2015
Such reference to Army or its ldrship as reaction to arrest of criminals,who may have links with any political party,won't be tolerated-2/4— AsimBajwaISPR (@AsimBajwaISPR) April 30, 2015
Irresponsible remarks&Using media to incite the people of Pak to rise against the State-the matter will be pursued legally-3/4— AsimBajwaISPR (@AsimBajwaISPR) April 30, 2015
Pak Army & LEAs will continue to execute ops as assigned to them-4/4— AsimBajwaISPR (@AsimBajwaISPR) April 30, 2015
Earlier, speaking to party workers Altaf Hussain said: “We are called RAW agents every other day. Those who surrendered are called patriots, while the founders of Pakistan are dubbed traitors.”
Hussain's remarks came hours after a senior Karachi Police Officer Rao Anwar called for a ban against the MQM for its alleged links with the Indian secret agency Research and Analysis Wing (RAW).
- Defiant Pakistani journalist Imran Riaz Khan arrested (VIDEO)11:29 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan golfers shine in international event10:47 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Ahmed Ali Butt’s new video with Mahira Khan and Fahad Mustafa wins ...07:10 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Watch – Umair Jaswal drops new song 'Bewafa'06:42 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022