Arrested suspects confess to involvement in Dr Imran Farooq murder
According to sources, the Joint Investigation Team (JIT), formed to probe the murder of Dr Imran Farooq, interrogated the accused.
The accused Mohsin Ali admitted that he was present on the spot and attacked the MQM leader with a knife ‘on the eve Altaf Hussain's birthday’, sources added.
Mohsin Ali has also revealed that he was an activist of All Pakistan Muttahida Students Organization (APMSO) – the student wing of MQM formed in June 11 1978.
He told the JIT that Moazzam Ali was the one who arranged his and Kashif's travel to UK, Geo news reported.
Sources quoted Mohsin as admitting that he used to work in Moazzam Ali's company, Com-net.
Another key accused Moazzam Ali, according to sources, has also named five leaders of MQM for their alleged involvement in the murder case of Dr Imran Farooq. One of the names include MQM Chief Altaf Hussain.
Moazzam also admitted arranging Mohsin and Kashif's travel to UK for getting the job done.
Khalid Shamim, another accused in the murder case, revealed that it was his responsibility to pick Kashif and Mohsin from the airport and shift them to a secure location, sources added.
- Karachi University announces open merit admissions 202104:49 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- Samba Bank, Techlogix join hands to introduce Digital Lending03:13 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- Arzoo Raja Case, 44-year old husband charged for rape of minor03:00 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- PAF first female fighter pilot Marium Mukhtiar being remembered on ...01:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- Does Meesha Shafi want to date Babar Azam?07:05 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Justin Bieber pens a beautiful 24th birthday message to wife Hailey ...03:43 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- YouTuber Umar Khan ties the knot03:15 PM | 23 Nov, 2020