Government focusing on growth, employment generation: Dar
He was talking to UN Under Secretary General and Executive Secretary UN Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific Dr. Shamshad Akhtar in Islamabad.
The Minister said Pakistan's economic turn-around has encouraged foreign investors to explore investment opportunities in the country.
Dr. Shamshad said the economic performance of the government is laudable and the progress in the energy sector is also noteworthy.
He said ESCAP is ready to extend any help to Pakistan for its energy projects.
Chairing a meeting in Islamabad, the Finance Minister said the government is committed to overcome electricity shortage.
Secretary Water and Power briefed the meeting about the measures for reforms envisaging removal of impediments in the development and growth of the power sector.
- Pakistan Army soldier martyred as terrorists attack Thall check post: ...03:50 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Namibia win toss and opt to field first against ...03:08 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Facebook likely to change its name to focus on Metaverse02:49 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- vivo announces the launch of X70 Pro in Pakistan02:34 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Ayesha Omar and Shoaib Malik’s new bold photos set internet on fire02:00 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Daler Mehndi wishes Eid Milad-un-Nabi to Muslim fans06:33 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021