Afghan official requests Pakistan to reopen border amid volatile relationship
The request was made to Ambassador of Pakistan, Syed Abrar Hussain as he was invited for a meeting through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul on Monday. Defence Attach Brig Farooq Zaman also accompanied the ambassador.
Murad during the meeting highlighted the sufferings of people due to the closure of border and cross-border shelling from Pakistan and requested detente between the two South-Asian neighbours.
On the other hand, Pakistan's ambassador briefed about the circumstances in which the decision to close border at Torkham was taken. He stated that the Afghan nationals were involved in recent attacks in Pakistan and stressed that Afghanistan should take appropriate measures for preventing the use of its soil against Pakistan.
The ambassador, however, promised to transmit the Afghan request to Islamabad.
Pakistan had closed the border following a string of attacks last month that claimed over 100 lives in a single week. Pakistan also targeted hideouts of militants on Pak-Afghan border.
- Pakistani athlete Najma Parveen finishes last in Tokyo Olympics11:38 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat spotted rebuking Karachi traffic cop publicly in viral ...11:24 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- UK court tells Pakistan's NAB to pay billions to Broadsheet by Aug 1310:16 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Falak takes Sarah on shopping spree (VIDEO)09:00 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021