Naheed Khan asked BB to open sunroof on December 27: Benazir's driver
The driver appeared before Judge Rai Muhammad Ayub Marth while he was holding a hearing of the Benazir Bhutto murder case in Adiala Jail.
Javed-ur-Rehman, who was driving the car of former PPP head, further said Naheed Khan advised BB to open sunroof and wave hand to the charged supporters who had reached enough close to our vehicle in the absence of security personnel. BB's personal security officer Major (retd.) Imtiaz also did not stop her to do so, he added. When PPP leader raised her head out of sunroof she was shot in her head immediately, Rehman told ATC judge.
According to his statement, the backup vehicle was also not present on the occasion, upon which he called the driver who told him that they had reached at Zardari House in Islamabad. PPP leaders Rehman Malik, Touqeer Zia and Babar Awan were on board in backup vehicle, he said.
The court was further informed that BB's vehicle had gone out of order on way to hospital that is why PPP leader Sherry Rehman took her to hospital in her car.
The counsels of defense and prosecution have completed cross questioning from the driver .
Meanwhile the court summoned report from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs regarding recorded statement of US journalist Mark Siegel.
In next hearing, the court has summoned prosecution’s witness Professor Azam Yousaf. The hearing was adjourned until September 14.
- Mahira Khan, Fahad Mustafa dance their hearts out as they promote ...12:21 AM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Defiant Pakistani journalist Imran Riaz Khan arrested (VIDEO)11:29 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan golfers shine in international event10:47 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Most-followed TikToker is a practicing Muslim and ‘Hafiz-e-Quran’09:40 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Ahmed Ali Butt’s new video with Mahira Khan and Fahad Mustafa wins ...07:10 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022