ELECTORAL RIGGING: President signs ordinance to form judicial commission
The president issued the ordinance on the advice of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif who had forwarded him a summary in this regard on Thursday.
The commission, according to the ordinance, will comprise of judges of supreme court and complete its investigation within 45 days.
The members of commission will function independently and could order any institution or law enforcement agency for cooperation in probing the allegations of rigging filed by any of the citizen of Pakistan.
Earlier PML-N and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) agreed to establish the judicial commission on March 19 and a agreement was signed in last week in this regard.
PTI hadled a long march to Islamabad in August 2014 and staged a sit-in till December 16 against the government’s unwillingness to order a judicial probe into the alleged irregularities.
- Mia Khalifa blames US for Jerusalem violence02:01 PM | 12 May, 2021
- #WestandwithGaza, PM Imran reiterates support to Palestinians amid ...01:18 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Mariyam Nafees shares pictures from her Dua-e-Khair11:51 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat shares an adorable throwback picture09:01 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021