ELECTORAL RIGGING: President signs ordinance to form judicial commission
The president issued the ordinance on the advice of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif who had forwarded him a summary in this regard on Thursday.
The commission, according to the ordinance, will comprise of judges of supreme court and complete its investigation within 45 days.
The members of commission will function independently and could order any institution or law enforcement agency for cooperation in probing the allegations of rigging filed by any of the citizen of Pakistan.
Earlier PML-N and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) agreed to establish the judicial commission on March 19 and a agreement was signed in last week in this regard.
PTI hadled a long march to Islamabad in August 2014 and staged a sit-in till December 16 against the government’s unwillingness to order a judicial probe into the alleged irregularities.
- Are Sanam Saeed and Mohib Mirza getting married? Here’s all you ...01:08 PM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Brazil becomes second country to pass half million Covid-19 deaths12:03 PM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Police deny Mandokhel's request for registering case against Firdous ...10:50 AM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Mufti Aziz ur Rehman, son arrested from Mianwali after 3 days of ...10:25 AM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Pakistani TikToker remanded in police custody over fraud with ...12:11 AM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Twitter slams Dhoop ki Deewar over 'problematic' storyline05:32 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Reema Khan shares adorable video with her husband05:38 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021