AD Khawaja assumes charge as IG Sindh once again
The reinstatement was confirmed by spokesperson Sindh police that came hours after the Sindh High Court suspended a notification of removing IGP Allah Dino (A.D) Khawaja.
The Sindh government had surrendered the services of Khawaja to the federal government on Saturday, but it replaced the IG by appointing another grade-21 police officer Abdul Majeed as acting IG without waiting for any response from Islamabad.
The court had ordered Abdul Majeed to hand over the charge to Khawaja, besides directing the government not to remove the IG until next hearing of the case.
The police official remained in limelight ever since PPP co-chairman Asif Ali Zardari decided to return home after ending self-exile in December, last year.
AD Khawaja was reportedly sent on forced leave by the provincial government days before the arrival of Asif Ali Zardari.
Following the decision, Sindh High Court directed the provincial government not to take any action against the police official.
- House of Allama Iqbal's daughter-in-law raided ahead of PTI's long ...02:22 PM | 24 May, 2022
- NFTP opens admissions for freelancers nationwide01:46 PM | 24 May, 2022
- vivo’s latest flagship X80 is now available for Sale in Pakistan01:29 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Policeman shot dead in Lahore raid amid crackdown on PTI workers01:06 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Political cousin who? Tahirul Qadri tells his supporters not to join ...12:30 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Minal Khan's new selfies with shirtless Ahsan at beach go viral06:41 PM | 23 May, 2022
- Abrarul Haq slams Karan Johar for stealing ‘Nach Punjaban’05:54 PM | 23 May, 2022
- Watch - Indian singer Arijit Singh says he is coming to Pakistan05:30 PM | 23 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022