AD Khawaja assumes charge as IG Sindh once again
The reinstatement was confirmed by spokesperson Sindh police that came hours after the Sindh High Court suspended a notification of removing IGP Allah Dino (A.D) Khawaja.
The Sindh government had surrendered the services of Khawaja to the federal government on Saturday, but it replaced the IG by appointing another grade-21 police officer Abdul Majeed as acting IG without waiting for any response from Islamabad.
The court had ordered Abdul Majeed to hand over the charge to Khawaja, besides directing the government not to remove the IG until next hearing of the case.
The police official remained in limelight ever since PPP co-chairman Asif Ali Zardari decided to return home after ending self-exile in December, last year.
AD Khawaja was reportedly sent on forced leave by the provincial government days before the arrival of Asif Ali Zardari.
Following the decision, Sindh High Court directed the provincial government not to take any action against the police official.
- Pakistan PM seeks ‘comprehensive strategy’ to curb violence12:57 AM | 7 Dec, 2021
- First time in history, Pakistan presents national security policy to ...12:35 AM | 7 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan Water Week 2021 kicks off to explore sustainable ways in a ...12:19 AM | 7 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan rejects reports of financial difficulties being faced by ...10:50 PM | 6 Dec, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat gearing up to host Bigg Boss themed reality show05:05 PM | 6 Dec, 2021
- Hania Aamir's adorable video while playing with dog goes viral04:48 PM | 6 Dec, 2021
- 'Pawri girl' spotted having a fan moment with legendary singer Hadiqa ...03:00 PM | 6 Dec, 2021