Samba Bank signs NIFT ePay agreement
KARACHI – Samba Bank Limited and NIFT have signed an agreement to enable digital e-Commerce payments via NIFT's Digital Financial Services platform under the brand name "NIFT ePay".
This provides an opportunity to the account holders of Samba Bank to conduct e-Commerce transactions directly through their transactional accounts. This arrangement also gives the bank an opportunity to offer a digital online platform to all their collection mandates through an account-based local payment gateway.
The agreement was signed by Mr. Haider Wahab, CEO – NIFT and Mr. Shahid Sattar, President and CEO – Samba Bank Limited, in presence of team members from both organizations. Team members from Samba Bank included Mr. Talal Javed, Group Head Consumer Banking, Mr. Zeeshan Kaiser, Group Head IT and Mr. Amir Hussain Arab, Chief Digital Officer. Mr. Fawad Abdul Kader was representing NIFT during the ceremony.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Haider Wahab, CEO – NIFT, said, “Pakistan digital payment space continues to grow and digitalization has also become a necessity in the Post COVID market dynamics. In the meanwhile, NIFT is ready to play a role in creating a reliable, secure, and interoperable digital payments eco-system which enables different digital payments use cases in Pakistan. We are pleased to sign up Samba Bank as an Issuer and Acquirer for NIFT ePay services.
Mr. Shahid Sattar, President and CEO – Samba Bank, said, “Samba Bank is focused on providing innovative digital solutions for its customers by adopting robust technology platforms. This partnership with NIFT will provide Samba Bank customers interoperable and secure digital e-Commerce payments using their accounts with Samba Bank on e-Commerce websites in Pakistan. We believe that NIFT ePay will play its part in promoting digital payments in Pakistan and we are pleased to partner with them.”
- Defence Minister witnesses multinational military exercise KAVKAZ ...11:54 AM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Private schools announce fee waiver, installment facility amid ...11:27 AM | 27 Sep, 2020
- World Tourism Day being marked today10:54 AM | 27 Sep, 2020
- New destinations explored for tourism to uplift economic, social ...10:42 AM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Peace in Afghanistan imperative for regional stability: PM Imran09:54 AM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Sajal Aly and Janhvi Kapoor send each other love on Instagram03:11 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Drug probe: Deepika Padukone, Shraddha Kapoor, Sara Ali Khan ...02:30 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Lily Collins is engaged to Charlie McDowell02:03 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020