Sartaj Aziz reaches Amritsar for Heart of Asia Conference
He is representing Pakistan in the Heart of Asia Conference.
The foreign adviser reached Amritsar through a private jet to attend the banquet hosted by PM Modi in honour of representatives from member states and international observers.
The two-day Heart of Asia Conference began in Amritsar today to discuss peace, cooperation and economic development in Afghanistan.
The theme for this year is ‘Addressing Challenges, Achieving Prosperity’.
The Senior Officials of the Heart of Asia-Istanbul Process today discussed and finalized the text for the 6th Ministerial Conference. The meeting covered all the necessary technical aspects of the declaration.
Senior officials of fourteen countries that are immediate and extended neighbours of Afghanistan and representatives of seventeen supporting nations deliberated on a number of issues facing the region.
Issues like enhancing Afghanistan's connectivity with South and Central Asian countries to boost trade were being discussed at the senior officials' meeting.
Earlier on Thursday, FO spokesman Nafees Zakaria said that Pakistan, despite India's negativity in scuttling SAARC, would attend the Heart of Asia Conference due to its commitment to Afghanistan's peace and stability.
- Shehbaz Sharif, son Hamza released from Lahore jail on parole04:23 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- FM Qureshi discusses Islamophobia, Kashmir situation with OIC ...03:08 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Indian Navy's MiG-29K crashes into Arabian Sea, pilot missing12:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- No, Ataullah Esakhailvi is not dead!11:59 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Urwa Hocane's father responds to 'separation' with Farhan Saeed07:25 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Nabeel Zuberi takes lead role in Aulaad05:29 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020