Up to 35 Pakistani companies to attend China Import Expo in Shanghai
BEIJING - Over 35 Pakistani companies will participate and showcase their products including top textile, leather, sports goods, surgical equipment, home furnishing, and other products at the 2nd China International Import Expo (CIIE) scheduled to be held in Shanghai from November 5 to 10.
Advisor on Commerce, Textile, Industry and Production and Investment, Abdul Razak Dawood, will lead the Pakistani delegation. Pakistan’s top business executives are also expected to attend.
“As many as 35 tops export-oriented Pakistani companies will display textile, leather and sports goods, surgical equipment, home furnishing, and other products at their stalls set up at the expo in an effort to enhance exports to China,” Badar uz Zaman, Commercial Counsellor, Embassy of Pakistan, Beijing confirmed on Sunday.
The companies included from Karachi are M/s Garib Sons, Marhaba Laboratories, Sarmco International, Continental Traders, Al-Hamra Handicrafts, Indus Marbles, Pak Products, Chadyala Art, Ansari Brothers, Hamdan Traders, FB Enterprises among others.
The said companies export rice, textile, garments, leather products, carpet, handicrafts, wood furniture, sports, and natural herbal products, and are set to look at opportunities in the Chinese market to enhance exports from Pakistan, Zaman added.
The Trade Development Authority of Pakistan (TDAP) will also set up a stall to show Pakistani products, he said.
The advisor will also talk to the media on trade and investment opportunities in Pakistan during the expo.
It may be mentioned that Pakistan had also participated in last year’s expo in Shanghai where many Pakistani companies showcased their products.
According to a senior official of China’s Ministry of Commerce, so far 63 countries have registered for the exhibition and over 3,000 businesses from more than 150 countries and regions will be attending the business exhibition, exceeding the number at the first CIIE.
This year’s expo will involve two key exhibition categories: country exhibitions and business exhibitions.
As for business exhibitions, they will cover more than 300,000 square meters of floor space, and over 3,000 enterprises from about 150 countries and regions will participate in the exhibitions.
A total of 172 countries, regions and international organizations and more than 3,600 enterprises participated in the first CIIE, held from Nov 5 to 10 in Shanghai last year.
It was the world's first import-themed national-level expo.
- Re-polling in NA-259: initial results show Shahzain Bugti leading07:10 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- AIOU sets up nine new offices at less-developed regions06:47 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- UN calls for action to tackle global road safety crisis03:28 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- CCW convention makes progress on key issues of deadly autonomous ...03:24 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- Queen Maxima of Netherlands to arrive in Pakistan on Nov 2501:12 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- I was hypersexualised as a teenager in Hollywood: Scarlett Johansson03:10 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Mira Sethi marries childhood friend02:42 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Here's how fans have reacted to Hamza Ali Abbasi's decision to quit ...02:07 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019