Up to 35 Pakistani companies to attend China Import Expo in Shanghai
BEIJING - Over 35 Pakistani companies will participate and showcase their products including top textile, leather, sports goods, surgical equipment, home furnishing, and other products at the 2nd China International Import Expo (CIIE) scheduled to be held in Shanghai from November 5 to 10.
Advisor on Commerce, Textile, Industry and Production and Investment, Abdul Razak Dawood, will lead the Pakistani delegation. Pakistan’s top business executives are also expected to attend.
“As many as 35 tops export-oriented Pakistani companies will display textile, leather and sports goods, surgical equipment, home furnishing, and other products at their stalls set up at the expo in an effort to enhance exports to China,” Badar uz Zaman, Commercial Counsellor, Embassy of Pakistan, Beijing confirmed on Sunday.
The companies included from Karachi are M/s Garib Sons, Marhaba Laboratories, Sarmco International, Continental Traders, Al-Hamra Handicrafts, Indus Marbles, Pak Products, Chadyala Art, Ansari Brothers, Hamdan Traders, FB Enterprises among others.
The said companies export rice, textile, garments, leather products, carpet, handicrafts, wood furniture, sports, and natural herbal products, and are set to look at opportunities in the Chinese market to enhance exports from Pakistan, Zaman added.
The Trade Development Authority of Pakistan (TDAP) will also set up a stall to show Pakistani products, he said.
The advisor will also talk to the media on trade and investment opportunities in Pakistan during the expo.
It may be mentioned that Pakistan had also participated in last year’s expo in Shanghai where many Pakistani companies showcased their products.
According to a senior official of China’s Ministry of Commerce, so far 63 countries have registered for the exhibition and over 3,000 businesses from more than 150 countries and regions will be attending the business exhibition, exceeding the number at the first CIIE.
This year’s expo will involve two key exhibition categories: country exhibitions and business exhibitions.
As for business exhibitions, they will cover more than 300,000 square meters of floor space, and over 3,000 enterprises from about 150 countries and regions will participate in the exhibitions.
A total of 172 countries, regions and international organizations and more than 3,600 enterprises participated in the first CIIE, held from Nov 5 to 10 in Shanghai last year.
It was the world's first import-themed national-level expo.
- CEOs YouTube, Siemens call on PM Imran04:08 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Bismah excited to lead Pakistan in ICC Women’s T20 WC03:50 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- UBG congratulates Anjum Nisar for becoming president of FPCCI03:44 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- President Trump to visit Pakistan soon: FM Qureshi03:41 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HBO Max orders royal family comedy ‘The Prince’02:55 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Mahira Khan asks Shireen Mazari for an update on the Zainab bill02:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HUM Style Awards 2020 nominations are out02:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019