Pakistan to observe 50th Defence Day on Sunday
The day is observed on 6th September every year as people pay homage to the martyrs who gave supreme sacrifices of their life for the defence of the motherland during the Pakistan-India War in 1965.
The celebrations of the day will begin with a 31-gun salute in the Federal Capital along with 21 gun salute in the provincial capitals.
Special prayers will be offered for the solidarity, integrity and prosperity of the motherland in all mosques across the country.
Floral wreaths will be laid and Fateha offered at the graves and monuments of recipients of Nishan-e-Haider, the highest gallantry award.
- Five dead in second deadly bombing in Jalalabad in two days11:02 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Sindh govt to arrest unvaccinated people in line with NCOC orders10:17 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Navjot Sidhu in race for Indian Punjab CM after Amarinder Singh's ...07:37 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- UNGA session: PM Imran to address the world's biggest diplomatic ...07:10 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan calls up players for National T20 after New Zealand ...06:44 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Katrina Kaif’s new workout video goes viral04:32 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Saeeda Imtiaz’s new bold photos draw severe public criticism03:03 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s new bold look goes viral02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2021