Two mln animals ready for slaughter during Hajj
According to the Jeddah Chamber of Commerce and Industry (JCCI) chairman, Suleiman Al-Jabri, more than 1 million sheep, goats and cows would be provided to markets in Makkah and the Islamic Development Bank for its projects.
There would also be a million animals available for citizens and residents, he said.
He said the Saudi authorities have over the past two months received more than 50 trucks with live cattle from neighbouring countries including Sudan and Somalia.
The shipments include sheep and cattle for local markets, which would help keep prices low, he said.
- Hike in gas price proposed ahead of winter season10:56 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Sindh court tells employees of power supply company to clean mosque ...10:01 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Huge economic transformation project for Karachi under CPEC launched08:56 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan slams India at UNGA, says Kashmir is not ‘internal ...08:13 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- First teasers of Yumna Zaidi, Azaan Khan and Sajaly Aly’s ‘Ishq e ...05:59 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Fatima Sohail spotted enjoying vacations in northern areas04:45 PM | 25 Sep, 2021