JazzCash partners with Women's World Banking to serve low-income women in Pakistan
With funding from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the partners will work to increase low-income women’s adoption and use of digital financial services, particularly the JazzCash mobile account.
Commenting on this partnership, Aniqa Afzal Sandhu, Chief Digital and Financial Services Officer of Jazz, said, “We are delighted to partner with Women’s World Banking, as they have done pioneering work on empowering women financially in other markets. We look forward to the research findings as they will enable JazzCash to increase financial inclusion of the marginalized and disenfranchised women across Pakistan.”
“We commend JazzCash for seeing women’s longstanding financial exclusion as we always have: an opportunity rather than an obstacle,” said Mary Ellen Iskenderian, President and CEO of Women's World Banking. “With a mobile savings tool like JazzCash, a woman, who may not have otherwise had access, can open a bank account in her own name without taking time away from her busy day. She can plan for her future, build a safety net for times of crisis, and even grow her business.”
The project will engage nonprofit behavioral design and research firm ideas42 and will leverage global best practices in reaching women with digital financial services, including Women’s World Banking’s projects in Nigeria and other markets. The results will have a global impact as well, not only with respect to building understanding of how digital financial services work for low-income women in Pakistan, but also informing similar initiatives to reach unbanked women regionally and globally.
- Pakistan gets UAE nod to hold remaining matches of PSL 2021 in Abu ...06:01 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Board exams across Pakistan to be held at any cost: NCOC05:24 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Sakina Abbas becomes Pakistan’s first female Google Developers ...04:22 PM | 18 May, 2021
- US approves release of Pakistani prisoner from Guantanamo Bay03:55 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Zara Noor Abbas's recent statement leaves the internet divided02:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Nora Fatehi's bold dance video in gym goes viral01:41 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Ali Zafar celebrates birthday in style01:15 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021