US Consulate General and TEVTA partner to provide English training in Bahawalpur, Lahore
LAHORE – US Consul General Colleen Crenwelge yesterday joined Technical Education and Vocational Training Authority (TEVTA) Chairperson Nadeem-ur-Rehman and two implementing partners – the Lahore Institute of Future Education and the DOVE Foundation – for the signing of a memorandum of understanding to provide English language training to 160 students in Bahawalpur and 125 in Lahore .
“The United States is thrilled to continue our strong partnership with TEVTA,” Consul General Crenwelge said. “The students who participate in our English language programs benefit from dedicated teachers, who get training in the latest language learning techniques. When the students graduate, they are ready to take on any challenges that come their way. They and their parents and teachers inspire me,” she added.
This year, the US Consulate General in Lahore is supporting English language programs for more than 1,400 young men and women in seven cities in Punjab province: Bahawalpur , Dera Ghazi Khan, Faisalabad, Gujranwala, Lahore , Multan, and Sargodha.
- Pakistan set to launch first-ever national emigration policy08:24 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- SBP key policy rate remains unchanged at 13.25 percent05:15 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019