CJP Nisar takes notice of attacks on girls' schools in Gilgit-Baltistan
Justice Nisar further ordered the government, the secretary Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) and Gilgit-Baltistan (GB) to submit a report on it within next 48 hours. The secretary interior has also been directed to present a report.
Earlier, caretaker Prime Minister Nasirul Mulk condemned the series of attacks on the educational institutions and sought a report from the authorities concerned. He also vowed to hold the persons who are responsible for the attack accountable.
Attack on Education: Unknown persons storm 12 ... 11:12 AM | 3 Aug, 2018
CHILAS - Unknown persons have attacked at least 12 girls school in Chilas, a small town located in Gilgit-Baltistan, ...
Unknown persons attacked at least 12 girls school in Chilas, a small town located in Gilgit-Baltistan, damaging their property and setting few of them on fire.
In the attacks, which appears to be an attempt to bar families from sending their girls to schools for education, furniture and other items were also set on fire, while explosions were also set off in two schools, police sources told.
The in-waiting prime minister Imran Khan also condemned the attack. He tweeted,“Shocking and condemnable torching of schools in Gilgit-Baltistan, more than half of them girls’ schools. This is unacceptable and we will ensure security for schools as we are committed to focusing on education, especially girls’ education which is integral to Naya Pakistan.”
- Coronavirus claims 8 more lives in Pakistan, infects 377 in a day09:28 AM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:08 AM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 02 December 202108:39 AM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan proclaims new law to protect rights of journalists10:57 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Lt Gen Sarfraz Ali formally installed as Colonel Commandant of Azad ...09:07 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Aijaz Aslam's father passes away07:04 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Sarah Khan and Falak Shabir's new romantic video goes viral05:23 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Syra Yousuf spills the beans about co-parenting and divorce06:29 PM | 1 Dec, 2021