LHC stops Imran Khan's NA-131 victory notification
Justice Mamoonur Rasheed announced the verdict on petition by PML-N leader Khawaja Saad Rafique, who says the recently held polls were “selection not election”.
Saad, who was Railways minister in last government, also criticised Khan’s statements over vote recount, saying the latter would support the idea only publicly but not in the court.
Imran Khan vs Saad Rafique: PTI chief declared ... 12:46 PM | 28 Jul, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan has been declared the winning candidate from NA-131 ...
The PML-N leader had challenged his opponent victory in the closely contested NA-131 Lahore 9 constituency. He maintains that the presiding officer deliberately rejected hundreds of votes.
Earlier, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan was declared the winning candidate from NA-131 after recounting of 2,835 rejected votes.
Imran Khan emerged as the winner again by 602 votes after the results were challenged by the runner-up candidate, Khawaja Saad Rafique of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N).
- UK lawmaker David Amess stabbed to death in his own constituency07:23 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Ban on new domestic gas connections imposed across Pakistan06:43 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Punjab launches crackdown against sugar mills’ owners06:27 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Russia to host Pakistan, China and US for crucial Afghanistan talks ...06:06 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan announces public holiday on Oct 19 to mark Eid Milad-un-Nabi05:47 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Alizeh Shah's gorgeous bridal shoot wins hearts03:27 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Man creates Guinness World Record for balancing 735 eggs on a hat03:50 PM | 15 Oct, 2021