LHC stops Imran Khan's NA-131 victory notification
Justice Mamoonur Rasheed announced the verdict on petition by PML-N leader Khawaja Saad Rafique, who says the recently held polls were “selection not election”.
Saad, who was Railways minister in last government, also criticised Khan’s statements over vote recount, saying the latter would support the idea only publicly but not in the court.
Imran Khan vs Saad Rafique: PTI chief declared ... 12:46 PM | 28 Jul, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan has been declared the winning candidate from NA-131 ...
The PML-N leader had challenged his opponent victory in the closely contested NA-131 Lahore 9 constituency. He maintains that the presiding officer deliberately rejected hundreds of votes.
Earlier, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan was declared the winning candidate from NA-131 after recounting of 2,835 rejected votes.
Imran Khan emerged as the winner again by 602 votes after the results were challenged by the runner-up candidate, Khawaja Saad Rafique of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N).
- Experts say one of four elephants in Pakistan needs urgent surgery11:55 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan to host OIC foreign ministers’ meeting on Afghanistan on ...11:25 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Vernon Philander pens heartfelt good-bye message for Pakistan team10:56 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Petroleum prices in Pakistan to remain unchanged in December10:19 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Indian actress Ameesha Patel booked in cheque bounce case06:39 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Mahira Khan receives flak for glorifying emotionally abusive ...04:06 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Deepika Padukone stuns in a gorgeous saree by Pakistani designer04:58 PM | 30 Nov, 2021