Bilawal's reply to reporters inquiring about his marriage plans isn't witty, it's sexist and misogynistic
Upon being asked as to when Bilawal plans on tying the knot he responded, “We are holding detailed, comprehensive and strategic meetings over this matter. The exact time of the marriage is also under consideration as whether to get married before or after next general elections or during or before its election campaign."
“Since there are four provinces, there should be a wife from each of the province. I’ll share with you the electoral impact once the report is prepared,” Bilawal further said.
Bilawal Bhutto Zardari's witty reply to a question by a reporter at the Karachi Press Club on Feb 2 asking him about his marriage plans and when they would materialize pic.twitter.com/fNqYvaCSmO— omar r quraishi (@omar_quraishi) February 2, 2019
People's responses started pouring in.
Hahaha! Patriarchy/misogyny spelled as “witty”. Wow!— Aamna Hassan Fasihi (@AamnaFasihi) February 3, 2019
Witty? He is clearly telling that he will not get married perhaps you can’t read between the lines. He is not interested in girls.— Izzat Aziz Rehman (@izzazzaid) February 3, 2019
Witty??????? Are you kidding? ???? These are disgusting remarks— Shazia Naseem (@ShaziaNaseem2) February 3, 2019
Not witty it’s disgusting to say the least— Abby (@abbymahmud) February 3, 2019
If Bilawal' ans is witty. Then wit is crying— shahnaz (@shahnazijaz) February 3, 2019
People think the remarks are "disgusting" and are not witty in any manner. Using women's support in such a derogatory manner is making people wonder what is wrong with the politician?
Bilawal's attempt was seen by some as a sign that he is finally opening up to journalists as such questions used to fluster him at first. The response was probably meant to taunt Imran Khan about his marriages.
- Turkish President Erdogan calls for settlement of Kashmir issue under ...11:36 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Mardan orphan student sets record by obtaining full marks in matric10:57 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Taliban ask to speak at UN, nominate Suhail Shaheen as Afghan envoy10:32 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran hints at civil war if Taliban fail to form inclusive govt in ...10:06 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:33 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto sends adorable birthday gift to brother Bilawal04:36 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer spark marriage rumours05:00 PM | 21 Sep, 2021