Return of TDPs to begin next month in phases: Army Chief
He said this while speaking at the Provincial Apex Committee meeting for Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK) and FATA held here. According to Director General, ISPR, Major General Asim Saleem Bajwa, the governor KPK, chief minister KPK, senior provincial government and FATA Secretariat officials and Peshawar corps commander attended the meeting, The Apex Committee is a newly formed mechanism to coordinate security and to implement the recently approved National Action Plan (NAP), at each province level. While paying tribute to the resilience and sacrifices of the people of FATA and KPK province, the COAS said that with unflinching resolve and courage, the proud tribals of FATA and people of KPK stood up to atrocities of the terrorists, pushed them back and marginalized them in the society.
General Raheel Sharif said after Peshawar School terrorism act, entire nation stood united to fully uproot the menace of terrorism and extremism. He assured the forum of army's full support for judicious and speedy implementation of National Action Plan to eliminate not only the terrorists, but also their abettors, facilitators and sympathizers from the entire province and FATA.
Governor, KPK, Sardar Mehtab Abbassi and Chief Minister, KPK, Pervaiz Khattak appreciated the whole hearted support of Pakistan Army and reiterated the resolve of FATA and provincial governments to rid their province of terrorism and extremism and pave the way for development and well being of the people. Emphasizing the importance of joint execution of a comprehensive security plan, both the governor and the CM KPK vowed to work tirelessly to bring peace and stability back in the region. The forum discussed the prevalent internal security situation in FATA and the province in the context of National Action Plan and also reviewed the progress of ongoing operations Zarb-e-Azb and Khyber and return plan of the TDPs.
- Quetta Gladiators unveil PSL 7 anthem featuring Ushna Shah, Shahid ...08:29 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan frees 20 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture08:22 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- PCB issues health and safety protocols for PSL 202207:44 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern cancels wedding due to Omicron surge07:03 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- WATCH: #PakistanNavy warship PNS #Tabuk visits #Bahrain06:20 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Asim Azhar wishes Merub Ali on her birthday04:19 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Mawra Hocane spills the beans on her wedding plans03:00 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Hina Altaf’s father passes away08:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021