'Sooner the better' for EU referendum: Cameron
Cameron has pledged to hold a referendum by the end of 2017 at the latest on whether Britain should remain in the European Union, but said it could be held sooner than that.
If he remains prime minister after May, the Conservative leader intends to attempt a renegotiation of the terms of Britain's membership then seek consent for that settlement through a referendum. "The referendum must take place before the end of 2017," Cameron told BBC television. "If we could do that earlier, I would be delighted. The sooner I can deliver on this commitment of a renegotiation and a referendum -- the sooner I can deliver on that the better," he said. German Chancellor Angela Merkel reportedly told Cameron in October that he was approaching a "point of no return" with the EU over a proposal to limit the migrant intake from other member states.
- ‘Bismillah’ – Sharmila Faruqui files cybercrime complaint ...06:49 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- PCB announces reserve pool of players for PSL 202206:18 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan celebrities in shock over blast in Lahore’s Anarkali Bazaar05:40 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan Navy assumes command of multinational Combined Task Force-15005:18 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- TikTok stars Kanwal Aftab and Zulqarnain tie the knot in a beautiful ...03:23 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- FBR freezes Aima Baig’s all bank accounts over unpaid income tax10:40 AM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021