Govt withdraws for purchasing ‘Reefer Container’ for CM Shahbaz
The writ petition was filed by Chaudhry Shoaib Saleem Advocate in person challenging purchase of a luxurious special vehicle “Reefer Container” against a colossal amount of Rs 3.35 million just for serving food to the Punjab chief minister and other VVIPs.
Ch Saleem had submitted in the petition that in a poor country like Pakistan where the people were deprived of basic and fundamental rights to education, health, clean drinking water, protection to their persons and property, a special vehicle was being purchased for the chief minister. He said it was the discrimination and violation of Article 25 of the Constitution.
The petitioner-lawyer also annexed a notification issued in this regard with his petition saying that the personal secretary to chief minister requested the S&GAD secretary for purchasing a special vehicle “Reefer Container” amounting Rs 3.35million for the comptroller wing of Chief Minister’s office for the supply of food stuff in the meetings of the VVIPs and the chief minister having the facility of hot and cold storage.
Moreover, the petitioner said that the S&GAD secretary also suggested model specification for the proposed ‘Reefer Container” and it was further requested that the case might be processed for purchase of said ‘van’ for the chief minister’s office on top priority basis and the said summary was prepared and forwarded by suffocating and compromising all the rulers and regulations suggested/issued by the Punjab Secretary Finance. He annexed the issued notification No FDSO (GOODS)44-4-/2011 dated August 06, 2013.
The petitioner requested the court to restrain the Punjab government from purchasing luxurious special vehicle “Reefer Container” for providing food to the Punjab chief minister and VVIPs.
The petition for adjourned for March 16.
- OPPO ColorOS 12 won four design awards at the Red Dot Award: Brands & ...12:35 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- FIFA suspends India’s football federation on its Independence Day12:27 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- ‘Shahenshah-e-Qawwali’ Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan remembered on 25th ...11:43 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Faysal Quraishi gives major fitness goals with new shirtless picture09:05 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022