'Game of Thrones' final season sets new Guinness World Record
The last season premiered internationally on April 14.
The global demand on the day of the premiere exceeded the global premiere demand of every other TV series for any season across all platforms and markets under measurement, reports Deadline.
Parrot Analytics, a TV content analytics firm specializing in global audience demand measurement, partnered with Guinness World Records to chart the demand and declare it officially Most in-demand TV premiere.
The Parrot methodology claims to use global, real-time and platform-agnostic TV demand measurements. Guinness and Parrot charted worldwide demand for all series premieres from April 2015 to the day of Game of Thrones’ season 8 premiere (“Winterfell”) on April 14 to determine the measurement.
“The fantasy series amassed a per capita global audience demand of 25.46 on the premiere day. Compared to its per capita global demand of 24.74 on the day of its season seven premiere, the latest and final season has premiered 2.9 per cent higher globally. Premiere day demand has been particularly strong in the US, United Kingdom and France,” said Samuel Stadler, Vice President of marketing, Parrot Analytics.
Craig Glenday, editor-in-chief at Guinness, said, “Game of Thrones looks like it’s going to continue breaking records right up to the final, undoubtedly devastating episode.”
Game of Thrones, based on George R.R. Martin's novels, is about the battle to claim the Iron Throne. But it also stands for complicated political stratagem and the backstabbing nature of people and finding love in troubled times.
The final season will come to an end on May 19.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more updates!
- Britain rejects Nawaz Sharif's request for visa extension08:23 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Russia and neighbours begin military drills on Afghanistan border07:58 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- PM Imran, CJP Gulzar take notice of mob attack on Hindu temple in RYK06:29 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Looking to upgrade your device on a budget? TECNO’s Spark 7 series ...05:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Kinza Hashmi opens up about dealing with relentless trolling04:18 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Alizeh Shah and Ali Rehman Khan to star in upcoming drama03:20 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Barbie debuts dolls in honour of real-life pandemic heroes02:50 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021