FM Qureshi urges JUI-F chief to review 'Azadi March' date
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi Friday asked Jamiat-e-Ulama-e-Islam (JUI-F) chief Maulana Fazal ur Rehman to avoid march towards Islamabad on October 27 as it would be the day of expressing solidarity with Kashmiri people.
Talking to a private news channel, the minister suggested Maulana Fazal ur Rehman to review the date of his march so that Kashmir cause could not be disturbed on the same day.
He said India had occupied the valley on October 27, and on the same date, Maulana was launching the march towards Islamabad which could damage the Kashmir cause and Pakistan.
To avoid disruption, Maulana Fazal ur Rehman should review his march date towards the federal capital, he added.
A day earlier, the JUI-F chief had confirmed that his anti-govt march would begin on October 27.
- Pakistan to resume international flight operations at all airports ...10:57 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- NAB rejects allegations of striking plea bargain deal with 2 army ...09:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- At least 11 dead as Air India passenger plan skids off runway, splits ...09:10 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- What do you know about Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project?08:36 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan vs England, Ist Test, day 3: Yasir Shah lifts four wickets ...07:20 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- A sneak peek inside Selena Gomez's HBO cooking show05:38 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- John Wick 5 announced, to film back-to-back with 4th installment05:14 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Ever since I was a child I’ve had a sleeping issue: Mahira Khan04:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020