Telenor Pakistan wins PSHRM’s ‘Best Place to Work in Telecom’ award 2019
KARACHI - Country’s leading digital and cellular service provider, Telenor Pakistan, has yet again bagged the ‘Best Place to Work in Telecom’ Award 2019 presented by Pakistan Society of Human Resources Management (PSHRM) and Engage Consulting.
This is the fourth consecutive year the company has won this prestigious award that recognises its trendsetting initiatives to provide an enabling work environment for its employees.
Besides having a flexible way of work, an open work space, and modern in-house facilities, Telenor Pakistan also takes pride in having an inclusive and diverse work culture. The company is also the first to introduce exclusive induction programs for females on a career hiatus (Naya Aghaaz) and people with disabilities (Open Mind Trainee Program).
“At Telenor Pakistan, we take pride in our open work culture that both breeds innovation and encourages diversity of thought and ideas that reflect our team,” said Lene Gaathaug, Chief Human Resource Officer, Telenor Pakistan. “I thank PSHRM and Engage Consulting for recognising Telenor Pakistan’s commitment towards developing an enabling and egalitarian workplace.”
Telenor Pakistan also won the ‘Best Place to Work in Telecom’ award by PSHRM last year. The company has also been the proud recipient of numerous recent awards for its progressive HR practices including ‘Diversity & Inclusion Best Practices’ Award 2019 by HR Metrics, ‘Employer of Choice Award for Gender Balance’ 2018 by the International Finance Corporation (IFC) and Pakistan Business Council (PBC), OICCI Women Empowerment Award 2018, and many more.
Telenor Pakistan employees also testify to how the company facilitates them in every aspect of work life while enabling them to continuously grow on both personal and professional levels.
“Telenor Pakistan is unlike any other organization. It has always been an innovative and employee focused company but you truly feel the difference once you start working here.” Says Ahmed Saqlain, Brands Specialist at Telenor Pakistan.
“In the Telecom sphere, Telenor Pakistan has always led by example, be it in services like mAgri, mHealth or implementing excellent human focused policies like flexible way of work. You truly feel that at Telenor you have a purpose. You’re empowered in the workspace to enable the society at large through innovative initiatives that impact millions. The open work environment, encouraging new ideas, willingness to take risks and exploring new domains signify the diversity of thought at this organization. Talking to your superiors is just as easy as talking to your peers and that makes all the difference in the world. All of these things makes Telenor Pakistan truly the best place to work at and I am a proud Telenorian!”
The company believes that it’s only by empowering its people that it can empower the Pakistani society at large and maintain its leadership role in transforming the digital ecosystem.
- PTI rejects Transparency International's 'biased' report about ...07:17 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- UNODC, Interior Ministry launch technical assistance framework07:02 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- UK changes its travel advice to reflect improved security situation ...06:15 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- COAS Bajwa inaugurates Electronic Warfare and Ground Surveillance ...06:06 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- I’m sorry I take none of what you said seriously: Anupam Kher ...04:59 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- #MeToo: 'Harvey Weinstein raped me', Annabella Sciorra testifies in ...04:08 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy meets Deepika Padukone at World Economic Forum03:29 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- I don’t even think I should be alive: Justin Bieber gives emotional ...02:46 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019