PM Imran directs petroleum division to curb gas theft in country
The Prime Minister chaired a briefing at Prime Minister’s Office which was attended by Minister for Petroleum Mr. Ghulam Sarwar Khan, Additional Secretary Incharge Petroleum Division Mian Asad Hayaud Din and senior government officers were also present during the meeting.
Additional Secretary Incharge Petroleum Division Mian Asad Hayaud Din briefed the Prime Minister, in detail, about the existing situation vis-à-vis demand and supply in the oil and gas sector.
The Prime Minister was also apprised about the progress into construction and operationalization of TAPI and Pak-Iran gas pipeline along with other significant projects which were in the pipeline to meet growing energy needs of the country.
The Secretary also highlighted various issues including the issue of rationalization of gas sale prices, recovery of receivables, non-implementation and frequent altering of that policy resulting in erosion of the investors’ confidence and non-awarding of exploration blocks during the last five years.
The Prime Minister directed that a comprehensive plan of action with delineated timelines should be submitted at the earliest to address various issues of the oil and gas sector.
- Pakistan’s Department of Explosive officers dismissed for ...06:37 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Rizwan stars as Pakistan trounce Zimbabwe in first T20I05:31 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- TLP chief Saad Hussain Rizvi still under arrest: Sheikh Rasheed05:27 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ali Haider all set to host show for NTV Houston03:50 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Junoon goes Inquilaab! PM Imran uses Bollywood reference to show ...05:06 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021