PM Imran directs petroleum division to curb gas theft in country
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan today directed the Petroleum Division to chalk out a comprehensive plan for checking gas theft in the country which was causing a loss of Rs. 50 billion to the national exchequer annually.
The Prime Minister chaired a briefing at Prime Minister’s Office which was attended by Minister for Petroleum Mr. Ghulam Sarwar Khan, Additional Secretary Incharge Petroleum Division Mian Asad Hayaud Din and senior government officers were also present during the meeting.
Additional Secretary Incharge Petroleum Division Mian Asad Hayaud Din briefed the Prime Minister, in detail, about the existing situation vis-à-vis demand and supply in the oil and gas sector.
The Prime Minister was also apprised about the progress into construction and operationalization of TAPI and Pak-Iran gas pipeline along with other significant projects which were in the pipeline to meet growing energy needs of the country.
The Secretary also highlighted various issues including the issue of rationalization of gas sale prices, recovery of receivables, non-implementation and frequent altering of that policy resulting in erosion of the investors’ confidence and non-awarding of exploration blocks during the last five years.
The Prime Minister directed that a comprehensive plan of action with delineated timelines should be submitted at the earliest to address various issues of the oil and gas sector.
- Bismah excited to lead Pakistan in ICC Women’s T20 WC03:50 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- UBG congratulates Anjum Nisar for becoming president of FPCCI03:44 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Mahira Khan asks Shireen Mazari for an update on the Zainab bill02:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HUM Style Awards 2020 nominations are out02:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019