DG ISPR says Pak Army stands by Kashmiris, rules out deal on disputed valley
RAWALPINDI – The Director-General of Inter-Service Public Relations (ISPR) Major General Asif Ghafoor asserted on Wednesday that the Pakistani armed forces were standing by Kashmiris and will go to any length to protect their land.
The official said Pakistan 's geographical situation cannot be ignored by regional countries or world powers.
"I want to give this message to Kashmiris that we stand by you and will continue to do so. It is sad that your independence struggle was presented as terrorism," he shared.
He recalled that there are United Nations resolutions on the conflict in Kashmir .
"For the first time in 50 years, the UN Security Council convened a session on Kashmir . The prime minister and the foreign minister have talked to several nations' heads and foreign ministers," he shared.
"Modi says he doesn't want mediation. If you don't want mediation, then what did you talk to [US President Donald] Trump about?" Major Gen Asif Ghafoor said.
The official thanked international and local media for effectively covering the oppression in Kashmir , adding that the issue of Kashmir which was previously ignored by the world has now gained international attention.
The spokesperson dubbed the repealing of Article 370 of the Indian constitution 'immoral' and said this is no longer a conflict of ideologies.
The official affirmed that no step by Indian authorities that does not lead to the self-determination of Kashmiris is acceptable to Pakistan , adding that any isolated step by Pakistan that might take the attention away from Kashmir issue will be cruelty to them.
The official said in India , the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) and Nazi ideology are in power and they endanger minorities including Muslims and Dalits.
The situation is such in India that there is no religious or social freedom there, the spokesman observed.
Major Ghafoor highlighted that in occupied Kashmir , the 'fascist' government of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has 'uprooted Nehru's step for the region'.
he said, in contrast, the armed forces have established peace in Pakistan and the country is also playing its role for regional peace.
The ISPR DG said Prime Minister Imran Khan in his first speech after assuming office had extended an offer of dialogue to India in response to which they sent in 'two warplanes and received a fitting reply'.
"Nuclear countries have no room for war ," the military's spokesperson affirmed.
"Armies protect a nation's sovereignty. When that is threatened, warfighting becomes a compulsion instead of a choice. It is up to India and the rest of the world," he clarified in point-blank remarks.
The spokesman confirmed that if peace is established in Afghanistan, Pakistan 's troops deployed at the western border will probably be removed.
"Then there is China, an emerging world power. China has problems with India as well but their economic relations with India are stable. Afghanistan has seen nothing but war , martyrdom and loss of lives," he added.
Maj Gen Ghafoor also dished in on the ties with Iran and said Pakistan has good relations with the country but due to the situation in the Middle East, Iran is facing some problems.
"But Iran has a huge role in regional peace," he added.
The military's spokesperson said a "befitting response" will be given to any false-flag operation staged by India .
- Pakistan summons envoy as India opens unprovoked fire at LoC10:51 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Kashmiris set to observe Indian Republic Day as Black Day07:12 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Iran to host technology investors from 8 countries including Pakistan ...07:08 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Brad Pitt takes ownership of mistakes that ruined his and Aniston's ...01:55 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- PISA 2020: Sajal Aly bags nomination for ‘Best TV Actress’ award01:45 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- I’m sorry I take none of what you said seriously: Anupam Kher ...04:59 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019