PFA seals 11 food outlets on Motorway; several restaurants, bakeries slapped with hefty fines
LAHORE – The Punjab Food Authority (PFA) on Wednesday launched intensified inspection drive on food outlets situated on the motorway and highways, where it sealed 11 restaurants, besides punishing nine food business operators with heavy fines.
During the drive, the PFA enforcement teams thoroughly examined kitchen, warehouse and storage area of hotels, restaurants, snack bars, tuck shops, cafes and marts.
PFA Director General Capt (r) Muhammad Usman said that Chicken Broast and Silver Spoon, located at the Sial Mor Rest area and were sealed for using rancid oil, loose spices and not complying with authority's instructions.
The PFA teams also closed down Bismillah Dera, Handi & Green Lagoon Restaurant, Rahat Bakers, Soon Valley, Roz Restaurant and a tuck shop at the Kallar Kahar service area. According to the PFA chief, these food joints were sealed over an abundance of cockroaches and failure to meet hygienic working environment.
The provincial food regulatory body has imposed heavy penalty to Perfect Fine Dine Inn, Serenity Restaurant, Mart 24, Gourmet Sweets, Multani Dera, Khyber Pass Shinwari and two outlets of Rahat Bakers over the violations of Punjab Pure Food Regulations 2018.
- China expresses pleasure over Pakistan’s approval of ML-1 project11:50 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Biden picks Kamala Harris as his 2020 vice presidential running mate11:36 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan strongly condemns anti-Islam Facebook post by Indian ...10:07 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Hafeez quarantined in England for taking photo with 90-year-old lady ...09:10 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020