PFA seals 11 food outlets on Motorway; several restaurants, bakeries slapped with hefty fines
LAHORE – The Punjab Food Authority (PFA) on Wednesday launched intensified inspection drive on food outlets situated on the motorway and highways, where it sealed 11 restaurants, besides punishing nine food business operators with heavy fines.
During the drive, the PFA enforcement teams thoroughly examined kitchen, warehouse and storage area of hotels, restaurants, snack bars, tuck shops, cafes and marts.
PFA Director General Capt (r) Muhammad Usman said that Chicken Broast and Silver Spoon, located at the Sial Mor Rest area and were sealed for using rancid oil, loose spices and not complying with authority's instructions.
The PFA teams also closed down Bismillah Dera, Handi & Green Lagoon Restaurant, Rahat Bakers, Soon Valley, Roz Restaurant and a tuck shop at the Kallar Kahar service area. According to the PFA chief, these food joints were sealed over an abundance of cockroaches and failure to meet hygienic working environment.
The provincial food regulatory body has imposed heavy penalty to Perfect Fine Dine Inn, Serenity Restaurant, Mart 24, Gourmet Sweets, Multani Dera, Khyber Pass Shinwari and two outlets of Rahat Bakers over the violations of Punjab Pure Food Regulations 2018.
- At least 20 killed, over 1,000 injured after powerful earthquake hits ...12:38 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Bangladesh to play 2nd T20 at Lahore’s Gaddafi Stadium ...11:38 AM | 25 Jan, 2020
- I’m sorry I take none of what you said seriously: Anupam Kher ...04:59 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019