Designer accuses Multan Sultans for stealing logo
Bilal Ahmed, a visual art designer has claimed that the recently unveiled logo of the Multan Sultans is actually its creation, adding that he designed the logo for the former management of the cricket franchise.
“Multan Sultans Marketing representative came to me at the studio where I work and asked to reboot logos for Multan Sultans (Pakistan Super League) and Multan Legends (Super Boxing League). After weeks of hard work and labor they really appreciated my concept work for both PSL and SBL and asked me to hold it until Multan Sultans team gets out of managerial crises,” Ahmed wrote on Facebook.
However, the former management failed to continue with rights of the franchise and they sold it to Ali Tareen who’s the son of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf leader Jahangir Khan Tareen.
“Last Month, after acquiring the franchise Ali Tareen unveiled the logo for its team. I was shocked to see how shamelessly they copied both of my work without my prior permission,” he added.
Janoob ki hain yeh nayi Pehchaan, naam hain jin ka Multan Sultans! pic.twitter.com/RaYAaDfrsT— Multan Sultans (@MultanSultans) January 14, 2019
Ali Tareen unveils name of sixth PSL team 08:20 PM | 6 Jan, 2019
MULTAN – Ali Khan Tareen, the son of former Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) secretary general Jahangir Tareen, ...
The logo which reflects a “Sultan” riding a horse with a cricket bat in hand and showcases the cricketing passion of the people hailing from South Punjab.
It also has the monumental sites of the region including the shrine of Shah Rukn-e-Alam, Derawar Fort and Fort Monroe in the background.
The designer lambastes the Multan Sultans management that they invest billions in the revival of cricket; however, they copied the design without his consent.
“It is so sad but in fact a reality how educated people are doing these kinds of senseless and shameful acts and bringing harm to the industry by infringing rights and trust,” he said.
Moreover, Ahmed stressed that thousands of freelancers and graphic designers should not be easily mugged from their intellectual property.
- PCB unveils team Pakistan’s official jersey for T20 World Cup08:45 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reopens shrines, cinemas for fully vaccinated visitors08:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Indian cricket chief invites PCB head Ramiz Raja to IPL final07:50 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- UK lawmaker David Amess stabbed to death in his own constituency07:23 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Ban on new domestic gas connections imposed across Pakistan06:43 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Alizeh Shah's gorgeous bridal shoot wins hearts03:27 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Man creates Guinness World Record for balancing 735 eggs on a hat03:50 PM | 15 Oct, 2021