Four Kashmiri youth martyred by Indian troops in fresh assault
The police said that the youth were shot dead after they attacked a paramilitary CRPF camp located near housing Irrigation Colony in Sumbal.
Disputed reports suggested that the gunmen lobbed grenades and fired automatic weapons outside the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) camp in Indian-administered Kashmir before dawn after which they were shot dead.
“They tried to storm the camp, but they were not even allowed to enter the gate,” CRPF spokesman Bhuvesh Choudhary told AFP.
“All the four attackers were eliminated in a clean and wonderful operation. There were no injuries on our side.” he added.
The unrest in the restive region of Kashmir started last year after a fighter Burhan Wani was gunned down by Indian troops. The killing stirred protests in the region that were intensified with each passing day.
As many as 100 Kashmiris lost their lives in a bid to resist occupying forces that paid no heed to the calls from the international community to show some restraint.
The fresh spree of assaults was started after Hizbul Mujahideen commander Sabzar Ahmad Bhat, who had succeeded Burhan Wani as the outfit’s chief, was gunned down during an hours-long encounter in Tral area of south Kashmir .
In the purview of chaos in Kashmir , the relationship between Pakistan and India also worsened as fresh skirmishes started across the Line of Control.
Pakistan, on Saturday, claimed killing five Indian soldiers in response to Indian aggression. Pak Army's media wing also released a video showing the destruction of Indian posts on Line of Control.
The United Nations has also urged both the nuclear-armed neighbours to mend their ties in a bid to thwart any unfortunate misadventure.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019