780th Urs celebrations of Bahauddin Zakriya begins
MULTAN - The three-day 780th Urs celebrations of the great saint of sub-continent Hazrat Bahauddin Zakriya began here on Saturday.
Custodian of the shrine and Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi, accompanied by Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar inaugurated the Urs celebrations by giving a traditional bath to the shrine.
Chief Whip, Malik Amir Dogar, provincial minister Dr Akhtar Malik, parliamentary secretary Nadeem Qureshi among hundreds of devotees also attended the ceremony.
Usman Buzdar laid a floral wreath on the grave of Hazrat Bahaddin Zakariya. He offered a prayer for the prosperity, progress and solidarity of the country, especially for the liberation of Kashmir from Indian occupation.
He said people of Kashmir were anxiously looking towards Muslim countries for help. He said, Hazrat Bahauddin Zakriya through his teachings always taught the lesson of peace in the sub-continent.
Earlier, Foreign Minister, Chief Whip, Commissioner Multan along other local high officials welcomed Chief Minister Punjab on his arrival for attending the inaugural ceremony of Urs celebrations.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019