780th Urs celebrations of Bahauddin Zakriya begins
MULTAN - The three-day 780th Urs celebrations of the great saint of sub-continent Hazrat Bahauddin Zakriya began here on Saturday.
Custodian of the shrine and Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi, accompanied by Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar inaugurated the Urs celebrations by giving a traditional bath to the shrine.
Chief Whip, Malik Amir Dogar, provincial minister Dr Akhtar Malik, parliamentary secretary Nadeem Qureshi among hundreds of devotees also attended the ceremony.
Usman Buzdar laid a floral wreath on the grave of Hazrat Bahaddin Zakariya. He offered a prayer for the prosperity, progress and solidarity of the country, especially for the liberation of Kashmir from Indian occupation.
He said people of Kashmir were anxiously looking towards Muslim countries for help. He said, Hazrat Bahauddin Zakriya through his teachings always taught the lesson of peace in the sub-continent.
Earlier, Foreign Minister, Chief Whip, Commissioner Multan along other local high officials welcomed Chief Minister Punjab on his arrival for attending the inaugural ceremony of Urs celebrations.
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran says 'excellent' CPEC project to be completed at any cost08:21 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020