780th Urs celebrations of Bahauddin Zakriya begins
Custodian of the shrine and Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi, accompanied by Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar inaugurated the Urs celebrations by giving a traditional bath to the shrine.
Chief Whip, Malik Amir Dogar, provincial minister Dr Akhtar Malik, parliamentary secretary Nadeem Qureshi among hundreds of devotees also attended the ceremony.
Usman Buzdar laid a floral wreath on the grave of Hazrat Bahaddin Zakariya. He offered a prayer for the prosperity, progress and solidarity of the country, especially for the liberation of Kashmir from Indian occupation.
He said people of Kashmir were anxiously looking towards Muslim countries for help. He said, Hazrat Bahauddin Zakriya through his teachings always taught the lesson of peace in the sub-continent.
Earlier, Foreign Minister, Chief Whip, Commissioner Multan along other local high officials welcomed Chief Minister Punjab on his arrival for attending the inaugural ceremony of Urs celebrations.
- Punjab makes Covid vaccination mandatory for school teachers, staff09:14 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- US military tests AI software that can predict events, enemy’s ...08:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Hassan Afzal Khan appointed new Pakistan consul general for Dubai08:00 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- COAS Bajwa visits Baloch Regimental Centre Abbottabad07:18 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- 5.3 magnitude earthquake jolts Islamabad, parts of KP06:50 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Aima Baig dances her heart out on sister’s mayoun (VIDEO)04:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Mahira Khan leaves fans thrilled with first teaser of ‘Prince ...04:01 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Sarah Khan flaunts baby bump in new photos03:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021