AIOU to promote spirit of World teachers Day
ISLAMABAD - Allama Iqbal Open University (AIOU) has re-launched teachers training programs (MEd and BEd) for capacity-building of the teaching community, following the spirit of the World teachers Day, being celebrated on Saturday (October 5).
AIOU Vice-Chancellor Professor Dr Zia-Ul-Qayyum hoped that these programs would help upgrade teaching practices and raise the social status of the teachers in the society.
The admission in these programs of different time-duration would remain open till October 15.
The MEd one year comprises five categories, Elementary teacher Education, teacher education, distance and non-formal education, science education and special education.
The University has also offered one and half year BEd program, with the eligibility of MA/MSc qualification. BS or BA (Hon-4 years) second division are qualified to take admissions in the program.
Elementary education, secondary teacher education and science education four year-duration has also been offered. Eligibility for this program is intermediate 2nd division.
According to the Director Admission, curriculum and teaching pattern of the teaching-related programs has been revised to ensure their quality, as per the directives of the Vice-Chancellor Professor Dr Zia-Ul-Qayyum.
While reviewing the programs, the University has been trying to make certain that their qualified teachers should be the best ones in the educational field, said Dean Education Dr Nasir Mahmood.
The HEC has converted one-year B.Ed program into four years on the basis of F.A. and FSc Education and the University was carrying it teaching program accordingly.
- French prime minister resigns01:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Better compliance of SOPs by people helped to contain spread of ...12:37 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Shahroz, Sadaf Sabzwari to work together in an upcoming Eid telefilm12:07 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020