NAB approves plea bargain deal against Rs10.6b in fake accounts case
The accused, including close friends of former president Asif Ali Zardari, were facing a case relating to misappropriation of land owned by the government of Sindh and the Pakistan Steel Mills.
Under the deal, Abdul Ghani surrendered 37.5 acres of industrial land and also expressed willingness to deposit over Rs2bn whereas Mohammad Touseef surrendered 37.5 acres of industrial land and offered to deposit Rs2.09bn.
Fake accounts case: Zardari, Bilawal and Sindh CM ... 11:55 AM | 28 Dec, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The federal government on Friday issued the list of 172 suspects placed on the no-fly list following a ...
Moreover, Amir is willing to hand over 40 acres besides Rs2.2b and Siraj Shahid agreed to give 50 acres and Rs2.78bn.
Furthermore, Hammad Shahid would be handing over 34.2 acres of residential land and Rs497 million while Tariq Baig would be surrendering 34 acres residential land and Rs491m.
Mohammad Iqbal would be handing over 33 acres of residential land and Rs476m under the plea bargain deal.
Well-placed sources say the NAB chairman has approved the plea bargain deal and the matter will now be placed before an accountability court for final approval.
Besides the seven individuals, Manzoor Qadir Kaka, a former executive director of the Sindh Building Control Authority is also an accused in this case.
The accountability watchdog accused them of misuse of authority, illegal award of government land and misappropriation.
The seven were among 172 people mentioned in a report which the Federal Investigation Agency (FITT) submitted to the Supreme Court during the hearing of the fake bank accounts case.
Former president Asif Zardari and his sister Faryal Talpur are behind bars in connection with the case.
Pakistan Peoples Party leaders deny any charges in the case and equate the ongoing proceedings with political victimization.
- T20 World Cup: Bangladesh and Oman lock horns in must-win game today12:32 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran, President Alvi extend felicitations to Muslims on Eid ...11:57 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Eid Milad-un-Nabi: Mobile phone services partially suspended in parts ...11:33 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Defamation suit: ARY UK apologises to Ishaq Dar over ‘fabricated’ ...11:04 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Iran invites Pakistan to multilateral conference on Afghanistan10:36 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra goes scuba diving in Spain (VIDEO)05:25 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021