Pakistan to show solidarity with Kashmiris on Defence Day
It was on this day in 1965 that the Indian forces crossed international border in the darkness of night to attack Pakistan but the nation foiled nefarious designs of the enemy.
This Defence and Martyrs Day will also be marked as Kashmir Solidarity Day to reaffirm the support of Pakistani nation to the oppressed people of occupied Kashmir who have been under lockdown for over a month now.
Special prayers will be offered after fajr in mosques for the progress and prosperity of the country and independence of occupied Kashmir from the cruel clutches of India. Fateha and Quran Khawani will also be held for the martyrs.
The day will dawn with 31 gun salute in the federal capital and 21 gun salute at provincial capitals.
Main ceremony of the day will be held at General Headquarters in Rawalpindi to pay tributes to the martyrs.
According to a notification issued by the interior ministry, the offices throughout the country will be closed by 3pm to mark the day and show solidarity with the people of Kashmir.
- Celebrities jump to Shoaib Akhtar's defense following the controversy ...03:23 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Arrest warrant issued for PM's aide Shahbaz Gill in defamation suit02:56 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Sacked Indian teacher arrested for cheering Pakistan's victory in T20 ...01:46 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Aryan Khan's bail hearing adjourned till tomorrow07:00 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021