Pakistan to show solidarity with Kashmiris on Defence Day
It was on this day in 1965 that the Indian forces crossed international border in the darkness of night to attack Pakistan but the nation foiled nefarious designs of the enemy.
This Defence and Martyrs Day will also be marked as Kashmir Solidarity Day to reaffirm the support of Pakistani nation to the oppressed people of occupied Kashmir who have been under lockdown for over a month now.
Special prayers will be offered after fajr in mosques for the progress and prosperity of the country and independence of occupied Kashmir from the cruel clutches of India. Fateha and Quran Khawani will also be held for the martyrs.
The day will dawn with 31 gun salute in the federal capital and 21 gun salute at provincial capitals.
Main ceremony of the day will be held at General Headquarters in Rawalpindi to pay tributes to the martyrs.
According to a notification issued by the interior ministry, the offices throughout the country will be closed by 3pm to mark the day and show solidarity with the people of Kashmir.
- PM Imran urges world to ensure peace in Afghanistan02:00 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- PAKvsNZ: Shaheen dons Shahid Afridi’s jersey No 1012:00 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran stresses expansion of bilateral trade between Pakistan, ...11:26 AM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...10:45 AM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Veteran actor Talat Iqbal hospitalised in US06:07 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Faryal Mehmood’s new bold dance video goes viral05:54 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Nadia Hussain in hot water over controversial statement05:27 PM | 16 Sep, 2021