I suffer from a mental illness after rape, reveals Lady Gaga
"I suffer from a mental illness - I suffer from PTSD," she told the Today Show on a visit to a homeless shelter for young gay people in New York.
"I've never told anyone that before," the star, now 30, added.
Lady Gaga said kindness was "the best way" to healing.
"The kindness that's been shown to me, by doctors as well as my family and my friends, it's really saved my life," the singer said, after bringing presents to the astonished teenagers at the centre.
"Meditation helps me to calm down," she said, adding that she was struggling with her mental illness "every day".
Lady Gaga later tweeted: "Today I shared one my deepest secrets w/ the world. Secrets keep you sick w/ shame."
- FC Team secures second consecutive Gobi's Paints Polo Cup trophy02:51 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Hilarious memes flood Twitter after Pakistan end losing streak ...12:58 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- IHC terms TikTok ban as ‘violation of constitutional rights’12:35 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- ‘Don't get overexcited’, Babar Azam tells teammates after ...11:53 AM | 25 Oct, 2021
- ‘Reach Every Door’ Covid vaccination drive begins in Punjab today11:24 AM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Waqar Zaka advises Shah Rukh Khan to settle in Pakistan07:00 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Shahveer Jafry ties the knot with Ayesha Baig in enchanting ceremony03:30 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Shahroz Sabzwari reacts to his shirtless viral video01:30 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021