Karachi hotel fire: Hotel administration delayed the emergency response, claims police
The police have claimed that the hotel’s administration delayed the emergency response, adding that the system to deal with a fire was not upgraded to international standards.
There was only one emergency exit at the hotel, Fire Brigade officials said. “The light and AC systems were not shut,” a Fire Brigade official added.
Hotel sources said the fire broke out at approximately 3 AM in the kitchen located in the basement of the hotel and travelled through the air conditioning ducts, engulfing a major part of the hotel in flames.
Firefighters were able to douse the fire after four hours with the help of three fire tenders.
About 100 people were reportedly trapped inside the hotel and were evacuated by rescue workers using a crane.
- ‘Biggest’ event of Pakistan’s history planned for 12th of ...11:23 PM | 14 Oct, 2021
- Shah Rukh Khan's son to stay in jail till Oct 20 as Mumbai court ...11:15 PM | 14 Oct, 2021
- Security forces kill wanted terrorist in North Waziristan operation10:52 PM | 14 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup update: PCB cancels scenario match, declares players ...10:33 PM | 14 Oct, 2021
- 'Aik Hai Nigar' – ISPR’s telefilm featuring Mahira Khan to ...08:16 PM | 14 Oct, 2021
- Ajay Devgn shares heartwarming story about Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan06:04 PM | 14 Oct, 2021
- Imran Ashraf aka 'Bhola' showcases his versatility in recent viral ...05:30 PM | 14 Oct, 2021