Shahid Khaqan Abbasi takes oath as 18th prime minister of Pakistan
ISLAMABAD - Newly elected Leader of the House in National Assembly Shahid Khaqan Abbasi has taken oath as interim Prime Minister in oath taking ceremony held at the Parliament House.
Politicians, parliamentarians, services chiefs, and diplomats attended the oath taking ceremony of the newly elected Prime Minister.
Among others, who attended the ceremony include Governors of the four provinces, Chief Ministers of Balochistan and Gilgit-Baltistan, Speaker and Deputy Speaker of the National Assembly.
Earlier, he was elected Leader of the House in the National Assembly with a thumping majority.
In the elections held at Parliament House in Islamabad on Tuesday evening, he secured 221 votes.
Pakistan elects Shahid Khaqan Abbasi as new prime ... 05:11 PM | 1 Aug, 2017
ISLAMABAD - Shahid Khaqan Abbasi has been elected as 18th prime minister of Pakistan, days after his party chief Nawaz ...
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019