Imran Khan marries for third time? First bombshell of 2018 comes to fore
According to a bombshell report by leading daily The News, the marriage ceremony, that did not garner media spotlight, took place on the night of January 1 in Lahore with only a few guests invited to the event, a claim currently denied by the senior party leaders.
The story, that is sure to shock the socio-political corridors of the country for one more time claimed that the wedding ceremony took place in Sector Y of the upscale Defence Housing Authority, Lahore, at the residence of bride's close friend who also happens to be a friend of a PTI leader.
"The bride herself lives in Gulberg 3 and filed for the dissolution of her marriage with a government servant a few months back. Her former husband confirmed the separation, however, denied her former wife has married Imran' claimed the reporter who happens to be an ICIJ member as well.
Citing highly placed sources, it claimed that the nikah was performed by Mufti Saeed, the same cleric who performed nikah of PTI chief when he entered into marriage with journalist Reham Khan in 2015.
Though the affiliates of Imran Khan, Awn Chaudhry and Naeemul Haq denied the report of Kahn's third marriage, Mufti Said was reluctant to either confirm or reject it.
“I will not say anything on this matter. Please accept my apology,”Mufti Saeed responded in much the same tone he opted after Imran-Reham marriage.
The correspondent vehemently substantiated his claims saying the political secretary of the PTI chief, Awn, is believed to have attended the ceremony as a witness, however, Awn denies any such participation or nikah of his boss.
“I have been with Khan to Lahore (on the said dates),” Awn responded. In another tweet, he dubbed the report concocted.
This is irresponsible yellow journalism.I had categorically denied the veracity of this planted gossip to cheema. Totally concocted story.— Awn Chaudry (@AwnChaudry) January 6, 2018
"I can say with absolute confidence that nothing like this occurred," replied Naeem while mentioning his life-long affiliation with the 65-year-old lawmaker gearing up for the electoral tussle just around the corner.
"Even if he marries, he will do after the general elections of 2018," Naeem observed.
PTI's central leader Shireen Mazari also took to Twitter stating that it was Khan's personal business to get married.
For the record, it is Chairman PTI Imran Khan's personal business and no one else’s, when, with whom and where he decides to marry.— Shireen Mazari (@ShireenMazari1) January 6, 2018
PTI MNA Asad Umar also responded to the news in a sarcastic manner.
Nawaz sharif accused of stealing billions. Imran khan "accused" of getting married!!! Khan sahib koi thoree buhut choree kar hi lo , inn logoon ko koi dhang ka ilzam tu laganey ko miley— Asad Umar (@Asad_Umar) January 6, 2018
Imran Khan's Struggle with Institution of Marriage
Though Imran Khan saw a lady luck smiling on his face throughout his life be it in realms of education or cricket, his marital life witnessed a juxtaposition.
Khan first tied the knot with a Britisher Jemima Khan on May 16, 1995 that ended in divorce after nine years in 2004.
Afterwards, his second marriage was with TV anchor Reham Khan, which lasted for 10 months. Although the marriage was publicly announced on January 8, 2015, reports swirled that a nikah had taken place in early November 2015.
- ‘You are our heroes’: CJCSC Gen Nadeem confers civil awards on ...09:54 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Saudi Arabia announces to restore Umrah pilgrimage in phases09:32 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Brand Spectrum wins Best Social Media Campaign recognition at ...09:12 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan Army inducts powerful VT-4 tanks with ultra-modern technology08:01 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Sigh of relief as Pakistan govt reduces prices of 94 lifesaving drugs07:45 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Alizeh Shah looks unrecognisable in her new purple hair05:25 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Armeena Khan praises spot person's amazing vocals03:30 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Madam Noor Jehan's house should be turned into a museum: Shaan Shahid02:07 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020