Khawaja Asif refreshes US memory about Pakistan's continuous support with a blunt 'no more'
Through a Twitter message, the Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz leader who assumed the pivotal position in August refreshed diplomatic memory asserting that Islamabad stood by US over a span of 7 decades and fulfilled commitments during the cold war.
Trump attacks Pakistan in first tweet of 2018, ... 05:46 PM | 1 Jan, 2018
WASHINGTON - US President Donald Trump tweeted on Monday that the United States had foolishly given Pakistan over $33 ...
Asif, who is considered a firebrand leader of truling party and also advocates his opinion vehemently at the international fora, stated that Pakistan also bolstered US position when it invaded Afghanistan after the 9/11 bombings, however, he mentioned that 'Americans transacted the relationship on need basis,' which would not be allowed any further.
A transactional relationship for US over 6/7 decades..Pakistan remained friend/ally..fulfilled commitments during the cold war..Afghan "Jihad" 80s.. Afghanistan re visit after 9/11..Americans transacted the relationship on need basis..NO MORE pic.twitter.com/ifWU7NdSBh— Khawaja M. Asif (@KhawajaMAsif) January 5, 2018
"A whole generation of my country doesn't even remember what was Pakistan like thirty or forty years back," Asif had said in his talk where he added that Pakistan was a liberal country back then with different sects co-existing under a peaceful atmosphere.
- Inzamam discharged from hospital after heart procedure12:35 AM | 29 Sep, 2021
- Britain puts army on standby as fuel supply crisis deepens amid panic ...11:37 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Security forces kill 10 terrorists including four commanders in ...10:49 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Taliban warn US, others against ‘encroaching on Afghan airspace’10:26 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- American superstar R. Kelly found guilty in sex trafficking trial04:59 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Famous YouTubers Shomaila and Hassam part ways04:09 PM | 28 Sep, 2021