Govt opens bank account to raise funds for construction of new dams
The ministery took the step following the Wednesday's orders of the Supreme Court of Pakistan to the federal government, Wapda and the executive authority to take steps in light of unanimous decisions of the Council of Common Interests (CCI) for constructing the 4,500MW Bhasha dam and 700MW Mohmand dam.
A statement issued by the ministry said, "In pursuance of Supreme Court Order dated 04.07.2018 in Constitution Petition No.57 of 2016, the Finance Division, Government of Pakistan has opened account under title “DIAMER BASHA AND MOHMAND DAM FUND–2018” bearing account No.03-593-299999-001-4 and IBN No. PK06SBPP0035932999990014 for raising funds for the construction of abovementioned dams in the country”.
On Thursday, Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar deposited Rs1 million as donations in the account, making the first contribution for the noble cause.
Contributors from foreign countries can submit the money at the Pakistan Missions and remit to the SBP which would announce the procedure for it.
The apex court on Wednesday also assured the nation that the money collected for the new dams could not be used for any other purpose under any circumstance or reason.
- Russia and neighbours begin military drills on Afghanistan border07:58 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- PM Imran, CJP Gulzar take notice of mob attack on Hindu temple in RYK06:29 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Looking to upgrade your device on a budget? TECNO’s Spark 7 series ...05:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- 'Nothing to worry about,' FM Qureshi on not getting a call from US ...04:52 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Kinza Hashmi opens up about dealing with relentless trolling04:18 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Alizeh Shah and Ali Rehman Khan to star in upcoming drama03:20 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Barbie debuts dolls in honour of real-life pandemic heroes02:50 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021