IHC orders expulsion of Zulfi Bukhari's name from blacklist
During the hearing of the case on Friday, Justice Amir Farooq of IHC passed the directives, paving way for the close confidante of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief, Imran Khan, to travel abroad.
Zulfi Bukhari was barred to leave the country for Saudi Arabia in June, when he along with PTI supremo, Imran Khan and his wife Bushra Maneka boarded a chartered plane.
After a brief stay at the Noor Khan airbase, Bukhari was able to dash to the Oil-rich kingdom after geing granted a relaxation for six days, which became a mystery as to how the individual secured the leverage.
Zulfi had moved the Islamabad High Court seeking the removal of his name from the blacklist, claiming that he was a British national and had not done any business in Pakistan.
IHC directs Zulfi Bukhari to face NAB probe over ... 01:05 PM | 21 Jun, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The Islamabad High Court (IHC) has directed the close friend of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan, ...
The British millionaire has been facing investigations by the anti-graft body for his offshore companies, however, Bukhari denies any shady dealings.
The Caretaker Interior Minister Azam Khan had briefed the Senate committee that he granted permission to Zulfi Bukhari to travel abroad rejecting the speculation that PTI chief Imran Khan had made a telephone call to him for removing Bukhari’s name from the blacklist.
The interior minister told the Senate Standing Committee on Interior that Bukhari asked for a one-time permission to travel abroad, which was granted.
Azam said he was informed by the interior secretary that Bukhari wanted to travel to Saudi Arabia on a religious pilgrimage with PTI chairman Imran Khan, but was stopped from leaving the country due to his name being on the blacklist.
‘The interior secretary further told me that Bukhari had submitted an affidavit stating that he would return to Pakistan,’ Azam said and added that he granted permission to the British businessman.
- Vaccination process in Islamabad, Rawalpindi suspended as online ...05:56 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Facebook rolls out ‘Marketplace’ for entrepreneurs in Pakistan04:36 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- PAKvWI – Pakistan take on Windies in 2nd T20I today03:42 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Ertugrul actresses Esra Bilgic, Gulsim Ali sad over Turkey forest ...11:55 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Yumna Zaidi shares adorable photos of her 32nd birthday09:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021